We know what you’re saying, “It’s hard enough remembering to brush, I really don’t want to stick my hands all up in my mouth and cut up my gums.” Flossing is essential for clean and healthy teeth. Laziness is never a good excuse to skip flossing. Here are some tips for more effective floss sessions.
Start off with 18 inches of floss and go to work!
- Wrap the floss around one of your middles fingers (meaning not your pinky or thumb). Wrap the rest of the floss around the same finger of the opposite hand.
- Use your thumb and forefingers to hold the floss tightly the tighter it is the better it will fit between your teeth and not break.
- When putting the floss on your teeth guide it through softly. You are trying to remove excess food not cut your gums off.
- When you get to the gum line make it into a C shape when moving it through your gums.
- Rub it gently back and forth and remember to get every single tooth including the back teeth.