It is still illegal to starve your kids, in case you were wondering. Sometimes you would much rather do that because they refuse to eat what you give them. The main goal is to make the food more fun than it actually is. Kids aren’t born hating certain types of food, they are born hating boring. So give them what they want, what they really really want.
- Yogurt Parfaits – Get some healthy yogurt (preferably higher in fat than sugar) and mix it with granola and colorful fruits.
- Taco Wraps – It is simple to make and easy to eat. Find out what their favorite meat or vegetable is, cook them, and eat them.
- Food on a Stick – it doesn’t matter what is on the stick. The simple fact that there is a stick will excited the kid to eat whatever the food is. It makes playing with your food acceptable.
- Smoothies – just tell them its from McDonalds. You are in control of what goes into it. Substitute the usual ice cream for some cream and natural fruits which is much better for teeth health.
- Sweet Potato Fries – a very healthy potato. And when lightly fried gives a wonderful combination of sweet and salty. Add a limited amount of ketchup, because it is high in sugar.
- Macaroni and Cheese Muffins – when the kid starts to get bored of regular mac n cheese, a new inventive way will help excite them to eat it again.