Dentures are custom-made replacements for missing teeth. They can be taken out of your mouth and put back in as needed. Considering they do take some time to get used to and will never feel the exact same as natural teeth. Today's dentures are natural looking and more comfortable than ever.
Benefits of Dentures
Replacing missing teeth will help to improve your appearance and smile. Without support from the denture, facial muscles sag, making a person look older. Dentures can help you eat and speak more comfortably.
Here are a few tips for caring for your dentures:
- Keep in mind that dentures are delicate and may break if dropped. When handling your dentures, stand over a folded towel or basin of water.
- Don't let your dentures dry out. Place them in a denture cleanser soaking solution or in plain water when you're not wearing them. Never use hot water, which can cause them to warp.
- Brushing your dentures daily will remove food deposits and plaque, and help prevent them from becoming stained.
- Brush your gums, tongue and palate every morning with a soft-bristled brush before you insert your dentures. This stimulates circulation in your tissues and helps remove plaque.
- See your dentist if your dentures break, chip, crack or become loose. Don't be tempted to adjust them yourself — this can damage them beyond repair.